Friday, September 19, 2014

Evra left United for ‘personal reasons’

EVRA-FANS TURIN, Italy, September 19- Juventus defender Patrice Evra says that he ended his eight-year spell at Manchester United because of ‘personal problems’.


The French international traded the Red Devils for the Old Lady in July, despite having signed a one-year contract extension with the Manchester outfit in May.


While it might have appeared that the £30 million signing of fellow left-back Luke Shaw was the reason behind Evra’s decision to end his association with the Old Trafford club, the 33-year-old says this is not the case.


“I was having personal problems at Manchester United and the only team that I wanted was Juventus,” Evra told JTV.


“It is a club that has history and goals. [Former boss] Antonio Conte called me many times to convince me to join. Now I’m very happy at Juventus.


“Everyone, from doctors to the press officers, give you their best. After a month of hard work I’m happy to be here.


“The preparation has been very hard, maybe the hardest I’ve done. Everyone should remember that the Evra of United represents the past. I do my best in training and I always try to listen to the coach.”




Read more here Capital Sports