Wednesday, October 29, 2014

>>> #NewMusic: Simphiwe Dana releases ‘My Light’ from new album

simphiwe my light


The Afor-soul songstress from South Africa, Simphiwe Dana, released her new single ‘My Light’ on Sunday.


‘My Light’ is the latest single from Dana’s fourth studio album Firebrand, which fans hope will be released before the end of the year.


Produced by Kunle Ayo, a Nigerian-born award-winning jazz guitarist, ‘My Light’ speaks to the Afro-soul singer’s love and appreciation for life.


“I wrote ‘My Light’ at a time when my son’s smile is all that kept me going,” shares Dana on her SoundCloud.


‘My Light’ has a very pan-African vibe, which is reflected in the song’s approach. With very sensual undertones, Dana’s latest single redefines easy listening.


Check out ‘My Light’ below:





#NewMusic: Simphiwe Dana releases ‘My Light’ from new album

#NewMusic: Simphiwe Dana releases ‘My Light’ from new album